Who are we ?
Inovpain FHU project offers a unique opportunity to build strong and synergistic collaborations and federate clinical practice, research and teaching activities in a comprehensive program. Inovpain is centered on refractory chronic pains, but mainly focused on neuropathic pain and chronic daily headache.
The project is structured around 6 complementary Work Packages (WP) conducted in parallel . Tight collaboration between clinicians and researchers is essential for a rapid transfer of new fundamental knowledge into clinical practice and personalized healthcare, and to stimulate research from clinical questions.
INOVPAIN is based on effective interactions between clinical teams, academic research teams and industrial partners. Several scientific and health care platforms are involved as well. Altogether, the INOVPAIN project will propose a multidisciplinary, synergistic and regionally organized network focusing on refractory chronic pains.
New mechanism causing migraines discovered by FHU team member
Researchers at CNRS, Université Côte d’Azur and Inserm have demonstrated a new mechanism related to the onset of migraine. They found that a genetic mutation induces dysfunction in a protein which inhibits neuronal electrical activity, causing migraines. These results, published in Neuron on December 17, 2018, open a new path for the development of anti-migraine treatments.
FHU INOVPAIN participated in this important event by organizing a special Neuroscience Day at Nice University Hospital presenting medical procédures, new therapeutics and innovations to the public.
FHU members latest publications
- Marcuzzo, S, Terragni, B, Bonanno, S, Isaia, D, Cavalcante, P, Cappelletti, C et al.. Hyperexcitability in Cultured Cortical Neuron Networks from the G93A-SOD1 Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Model Mouse and its Molecular Correlates. Neuroscience. 2019; :. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2019.07.041. PubMed PMID:31400485 .
- Darlix, A, Mandonnet, E, Freyschlag, CF, Pinggera, D, Forster, MT, Voss, M et al.. Chemotherapy and diffuse low-grade gliomas: a survey within the European Low-Grade Glioma Network. Neurooncol Pract. 2019;6 (4):264-273. doi: 10.1093/nop/npy051. PubMed PMID:31386080 PubMed Central PMC6660823.
- Levraut, M, Cohen, M, Bresch, S, Giordana, C, Burel-Vandenbos, F, Mondot, L et al.. Immunoglobulin G4-related hypertrophic pachymeningitis: A case-oriented review. Neurol Neuroimmunol Neuroinflamm. 2019;6 (4):e568. doi: 10.1212/NXI.0000000000000568. PubMed PMID:31355304 PubMed Central PMC6624094.
- Redon, S, Elzière, M, Lambert, I, Donnet, A. Cyclic vomiting syndrome associated with benign paroxysmal vertigo: a case report. Acta Neurol Belg. 2019; :. doi: 10.1007/s13760-019-01194-4. PubMed PMID:31350731 .
- Vincentelli, AF, Szadkowski, M, Vardon, D, Litrico, S, Fuentès, S, Steib, JP et al.. rhBMP-2 (Recombinant Human Bone Morphogenetic Protein-2) In real world spine surgery. A phase IV, National, multicentre, retrospective study collecting data from patient medical files in French spinal centres. Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2019; :. doi: 10.1016/j.otsr.2019.04.023. PubMed PMID:31324520 .