Who are we ?
Inovpain FHU project offers a unique opportunity to build strong and synergistic collaborations and federate clinical practice, research and teaching activities in a comprehensive program. Inovpain is centered on refractory chronic pains, but mainly focused on neuropathic pain and chronic daily headache.
The project is structured around 6 complementary Work Packages (WP) conducted in parallel . Tight collaboration between clinicians and researchers is essential for a rapid transfer of new fundamental knowledge into clinical practice and personalized healthcare, and to stimulate research from clinical questions.
INOVPAIN is based on effective interactions between clinical teams, academic research teams and industrial partners. Several scientific and health care platforms are involved as well. Altogether, the INOVPAIN project will propose a multidisciplinary, synergistic and regionally organized network focusing on refractory chronic pains.
Neurosurgery workshop - Occipital Nerve Stimulation
According to its objectives, FHU INOVPAIN organized a special workshop on 18/10/2018. FHU team received colleagues from Lille, Marseille and Paris in order to train them to occipital nerve stimulation (ONS).
This technique consists to apply a continuous electrical stimulation to the great and/or lesser occipital nerve through a subcutaneous chronically implanted electrode close to the nerve and connected to a generator. ONS induces paresthesia in the occipital region and has been proposed initially to control occipital neuralgia and then to treat primary headaches.
FHU members latest publications
- Humbert, O, Bourg, V, Mondot, L, Gal, J, Bondiau, PY, Fontaine, D et al.. 18F-DOPA PET/CT in brain tumors: impact on multidisciplinary brain tumor board decisions. Eur. J. Nucl. Med. Mol. Imaging. 2019; :. doi: 10.1007/s00259-018-4240-8. PubMed PMID:30612162 .
- Amoretti, N, Baqué, J, Litrico, S, Stacoffe, N, Palmer, W. Serious Neurological Complication Resulting from Inadvertent Intradiscal Injection During Fluoroscopically Guided Interlaminar Epidural Steroid Injection. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2019; :. doi: 10.1007/s00270-018-2151-5. PubMed PMID:30603972 .
- Lantéri-Minet, M, Perrot, S. QAPSA: Post-Marketing Surveillance of Capsaicin 8% Patch for Long-Term Use in Patients with Peripheral Neuropathic Pain in France. Curr Med Res Opin. 2018; :1-27. doi: 10.1080/03007995.2018.1558850. PubMed PMID:30550354 .
- Almairac, F, Fontaine, D, Demarcy, T, Delingette, H, Beuil, S, Raffaelli, C et al.. Motor cortex neurovascular coupling: inputs from ultra-high-frequency ultrasound imaging in humans. J. Neurosurg. 2018; :1-7. doi: 10.3171/2018.5.JNS18754. PubMed PMID:30497179 .
- Martelletti, P, Schwedt, TJ, Lanteri-Minet, M, Quintana, R, Carboni, V, Diener, HC et al.. My Migraine Voice survey: a global study of disease burden among individuals with migraine for whom preventive treatments have failed. J Headache Pain. 2018;19 (1):115. doi: 10.1186/s10194-018-0946-z. PubMed PMID:30482181 .