Latest communication - E-Health Innovation Day
FHU Inovpain participated in the E-Health Innovation Day organized on november 25th by pole SCS in collaboration with the DRCI (Delegation for Clinical Research and Innovation) of the Nice University Hospital. As leader of innovative health project, Pr Denys Fontaine presented one of the FHU latest project about pain and artificial intelligence.
Who are we ?
Inovpain FHU project offers a unique opportunity to build strong and synergistic collaborations and federate clinical practice, research and teaching activities in a comprehensive program. Inovpain is centered on refractory chronic pains, but mainly focused on neuropathic pain and chronic daily headache.
The project is structured around 6 complementary Work Packages (WP) conducted in parallel . Tight collaboration between clinicians and researchers is essential for a rapid transfer of new fundamental knowledge into clinical practice and personalized healthcare, and to stimulate research from clinical questions.
INOVPAIN is based on effective interactions between clinical teams, academic research teams and industrial partners. Several scientific and health care platforms are involved as well. Altogether, the INOVPAIN project will propose a multidisciplinary, synergistic and regionally organized network focusing on refractory chronic pains.
New mechanism causing migraines discovered by FHU team member
Researchers at CNRS, Université Côte d’Azur and Inserm have demonstrated a new mechanism related to the onset of migraine. They found that a genetic mutation induces dysfunction in a protein which inhibits neuronal electrical activity, causing migraines. These results, published in Neuron on December 17, 2018, open a new path for the development of anti-migraine treatments.
FHU members latest publications
- Redon, S, Laksiri, N, Doche, E, Hirtz, C, Brun, G, Donnet, A et al.. Stroke after spontaneous intracranial hypotension: Not a single mechanism. Case report and review of literature. J Clin Neurosci. 2020; :. doi: 10.1016/j.jocn.2020.01.019. PubMed PMID:31948881 .
- Zerimech, S, Chever, O, Scalmani, P, Pizzamiglio, L, Duprat, F, Mantegazza, M et al.. Cholinergic modulation inhibits cortical spreading depression in mouse neocortex through activation of muscarinic receptors and decreased excitatory/inhibitory drive. Neuropharmacology. 2020;166 :107951. doi: 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2020.107951. PubMed PMID:31945385 .
- Mantegazza, M, Broccoli, V. SCN1A/NaV 1.1 channelopathies: Mechanisms in expression systems, animal models, and human iPSC models. Epilepsia. 2019;60 Suppl 3 :S25-S38. doi: 10.1111/epi.14700. PubMed PMID:31904127 .
- Silhol, F, Marlinge, M, Guiol, C, Chefrour, M, Mace, P, Criado, C et al.. Characterization of adenosine A2 receptors in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of patients with fibromuscular dysplasia. Hypertens. Res. 2019; :. doi: 10.1038/s41440-019-0379-3. PubMed PMID:31853038 .
- Balossier, A, Tuleasca, C, Muracciole, X, Donnet, A, Levivier, M, Régis, J et al.. The outcomes of a second and third Gamma Knife radiosurgery for recurrent essential glossopharyngeal neuralgia. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2019; :. doi: 10.1007/s00701-019-04124-8. PubMed PMID:31848788 .